Can you qualify?
How do I meet Meaningful Use requirements?
Eligible professionals must successfully demonstrate meaningful use of certified electronic health record technology every year they participate in the Medicare EHR Incentive program. Meaningful use means providers need to show they're using certified EHR technology in ways that can be measured significantly in quality and in quantity.
What is Hello Health’s EHR certification status?
Hello Health, Version 7 Complete EHR is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC‐ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments.
- Vendor Name: Hello Health
- Product version: Hello Health Version 7
- Certification Number: 08142014‐2644‐3
- Date Certified: 08/14/2014
- Test Results Summary | ONC CHPL Certification Critria Detail View
- Modules Tested: 170.314(a)(1‐15); 170.314(b)(1‐5, 7); 170.314(c)(1‐3); 170.314(d)(1‐8); 170.314(e)(1‐3); 170.314(f)(1‐3); 170.314(g)(2‐4)
- Clinical Quality Measures tested: CMS062v2; CMS068v3; CMS075v2; CMS117v2; CMS124v2; CMS146v2; CMS148v2; CMS154v2; CMS156v2; CMS165v2
- Additional software used: Updox Direct 2014
- This certified product version may require ongoing additional fees:
- annual fees to patients in order to support online patient service
- monthly fees to establish and maintain interfaces for reporting to immunization registries and public health agencies
Is Meaningful Use for Me?
If you are purchasing an EHR to qualify for the incentives, if you have a low percentage of Medicare or Medicaid patients in your panel or if you are a cash-based practice, you may not qualify for Meaningful Use incentives. You may also find that the total incentives are outweighed by your investment in time and money.
However, if you are adopting Hello Health to transform how you practice, meeting the reporting and administrative requirements of Meaningful Use will be a logical extension of how you’ll be transforming your practice for the better.
Where Can I Get More Information?
We have summarized key information about Meaningful Use for you to learn more about this important legislation.
The HITECH Act of 2009 paved the way for the federal government, through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), to provide incentives to healthcare providers that adopt and use EHR systems (Meaningful Use) to improve continuity and outcomes of care, engage patients more deeply in their own healthcare and to better understand the drivers of costs.
Meaningful Use perspective
We’ve asked a leading authority on healthcare information technology, Shahid N. Shah, to provide his perspective on Meaningful Use. Watch his video, and read more from Shahid on his blog.